Friday, January 20, 2006

Rock and Film

Goings on up in heeya:

For Your Ears
January 31: Of Montreal at Chop Suey in Seattle. Anyone interested in going, holla. Show starts at 8:00, so I'll leave the 'Scow by 2:00 at the latest.
February 14: Pretty Girls Make Graves at the Sub Ballroom. Come gawk at how emo kids crawl out of the woodwork and into their tight jeans for select events in Idaho.
February 24: Ok Go w/Motion City Soundtrack at the Cub in Pullman. I'm pretty excited for some sugar drenched pop rock.

For Your Eyes
January 20 - 22: Paradise Now at the Kenworthy. Looks good, it's a Warner Independent film, they've been putting out some good stuff lately. Basically follows two Palestinian suicide bombers for two days as they come to grips with what they're about to do. Check out the TRAILER.

January 27 - 29: The Squid and the Whale at the Kenworthy. Noah Baumbach's newest, based on his memories of growing up. Jeff Daniels stars, and a Baldwin shines (like they can do anything else). For those who don't know, Baumbach co-wrote The Life Aquatic with Wes Anderson. Be aware that while I've heard good things about it, I've also heard about a particulary graphic scene that might not be enjoyed by all. I believe that I'm previewing this movie, and I'll try to remember to post my take. In the meantime, TRAILER.

No comments: