Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Only In Dreams

At about 5:00 this morning I found myself in the Logos field house, near the end of a Christ Church Service. I was sitting in the second of two rows of desk/bleachers that ran along the entire length of the building along the side walls. There was a smallish group of folks occupying folding chairs in the middle, near the stage. I was seated about even with the back of the chair group, but about forty yards from them. The building was roughly three times its normal size this morning.

On my right sat Susanna Rench, taking notes with her left hand. I vaguely remember DW making some concluding remarks, but can't remember the details. Then, the overhead LCD projector kicked on, displaying the church's plan for dealing with the issue of "Hurricane Seeds." The first and only bullet item underneath the heading was the word "Frumption."

At this point, Asher Weinbaum, who had apparently been sitting in front of me the entire time, turned around and mouthed the phrase "Mutha Frumption!" with a look that said "Oh yeah, I went there!"

I only remember five or six dreams a year, and they are usually ended by me laughing myself awake. This was no exception.



By the way, isn't Only in Dreams the best weezer song ever?

4 comments:

Brian Murnion said...

A few years ago, my friend's girlfriend had never heard a weezer song, so late one night we decided to take a cruise. We left town and drove in one direction listening to the Blue album. When we returned home, Only In Dreams was decided to be the best track of the night. Dreams, Holiday and Across the Sea are my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Mutha wha? Yeah, Only in dreams is the best. I think what makes it is that build that takes forever at the end. Well said.

Lois E. Lane said...

Truly excellent dream. I don't even know anyone involved and it cracked me up! Gray matter on cruise control is a wild, wild thing...

J. Ballard said...

If you don't call me soon, I'll put hot sauce in your eyes.