Thursday, February 01, 2007

Utterances

Three words and their approximate usages I have heard voiced by students and faculty in the past two weeks. Not overheard mind you; these were full on, “I’m talking and here’s what I’m saying” moments:

-Encapsulizes “You know, that really encapsulizes the idea of tolerance.”

- Controllive “When you have these parents that are just very controllive and don’t let their kids make up their own minds...”

- Subtle (pronounced, Sub-Tul)

I’d also like to point out that one lucky person gets credit for these last two, and that they were both uttered twice in about four minutes of the same class.

6 comments:

Lois E. Lane said...

Those are embarrassing ... irregardless of who made them.

:)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I get words all confusicated too. Maybe let me be more pacific. We all have certain characatures we’d rather not, and I’m sure you would be in agreeance with me. Some could be more oblivious than others.

Ibid said...

On an irrilated topic than disunderstandable academicness, um, do you have any idea how one should go about getting W-2s for K-Co? I heard a rumor they're on the web, but I'm not seeing them listed on my staff site anywhere.

mg said...

They've always been mailed to me in the past, I haven't heard anything different about this year.

Isaiah Eyre said...

I've heard "sub-tul" a lot from many different people. I thought it was funny when I referred to one of my co-workers as "long-suffering" and he didn't know what it meant.

Susanna said...

That wasn't me, was it?