Thursday, December 08, 2005

Stagnant

Last Geography 100 class today. I'd like to say that I've learned a lot about the natural world. That I've discovered things about weather and physical features of the planet that I didn't know before and can add to my understanding of the planet.

More importantly, I'd like to be able to say that I learned a lot about patience, and looking for the good in things. It'd be great to look back at how I felt sitting through this class in September and see a great contrast with today. I'd like to see growth and understanding in this area of my life. But I can't say any of this. I'm just as frustrated, irritated, and bored now as I was in a 100 level class five years ago. It's no great wisdom to point out the faults in entry level state school courses. It's easy as cheese. What's hard (and probably more beneficial to myself and others) is to find the good in these situations. I don't mean to pretend that it's intellectually stimulating and faultless, but to dwell on the negative doesn't do anyone any good.

I still maintain that the instructor is poor and the class worse. But life isn't a bowl of peaches, and if something like climographs and a drab teacher can get under my skin, I'm in sad shape for the real issues of Life.

1 comment:

Larson said...

Climographs and a drab teachers get under my skin - you're a better man than I.