Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Companion Piece To Gibbs's Latest

This morning I mentioned to Asher that my Minority Lit class consisted of 90% student led “discussion,” which always boils down to “Ok, can we get into groups and talk about these incredibly bland questions that I’ve come up with? Great.” This was at about 7:45 which left me ample time to get to campus five minutes before class started, but right then I realized that I never wanted to go to that class ever again. I’m going to be hearing the opinions of my peers for the rest of my life; while I’m in college, I want to hear a professor’s thoughts. So I stayed home and read Byron.


I’d kill for a delicious, buttered gender roll.

4 comments:

Lincoln Davis said...

Do you like Byron now? I thought you weren't a poetry guy.

mg said...

I still despise poetry, but I'm in a Romantics class that demands of me that Byron be read.

Anonymous said...

McGaither,

I frequently want to slay people by the thousands with the jawbone of an ass while in that class.

Josh

Anonymous said...

Matt, that last line killed me. As for the prior lines, Suz often says the same. Way to choose the high road.