Thursday, November 30, 2006

Course Evaluations

Yesterday I took about twenty minutes to fill out my online "Course Evaluations." These differ from class to class and can be as basic as "Rate your course on a scale of 1-5," and as in depth as up to fifteen questions about the class.

My Educational Psychology class review was of the sparse variety, with only a number ranking and comments window available for me to vent my grievances. I gave the class a 0, and in the comments section wrote:

I’d like to suggest an alternate title for this course of Ed. 301: “Nothing is Ever A Child’s Fault.” This course seemed to be telling us that if a child shows any trouble with any subject, that he or she is to be excused of any and all misbehavior and labled as having a "condition." This seems to dig a child with problems into a deeper hole more often than not. If teachers and parents caved in every time a student said "I can't," I'm afraid no one would get anywhere.

Sadly, my misspelling of "labeled" probably did irreparable damage to my otherwise objective, helpful response. I suppose we'll see how "confidential" these evaluations really are, and if I end up being summoned to the Ed Department's office.

There are many, many hilarious ways that I could be kicked out of the Ed department. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, i forgot you existed. Today i remembered, and i thought,,, rad.

Anonymous said...

so is being kicked out a new goal of yours or what?